Useful and Interesting Resources
The following list is by no means comprehensive, so please feel welcome to send us your suggestions. Please be aware that external links might not use identity-affirming language. Let us know if this collection can be improved!
The AutLoud Gazette – This is our current affairs and news aggregator for autistic and neurodivergent related news.
- The Adult Autism Practice (Adult Diagnosis)
- Thriving Autistic (Coaching & Neurodiversity Training)
- Posautive (Educational Consultancy)
- Ausome Training (Autistic-led Training Courses)
- Specialisterne (Specialist Recruitment Agency)
- EmployAbility (Employment Support Service)
- Disabled Women Ireland
- HSE – Disability Services
- HSE – Mental Health Services
- Turn2me – Free HSE funded online mental health services (including counselling)
- MyMind – Private Counselling/Therapy (some state funded COVID-19 projects)
- Pieta House – Suicide and Self Harm Prevention
- Safe Ireland – List of Domestic Abuse Services
- TENI – Transgender Equality Network Ireland
- Migrant Rights Centre Ireland
- Galways Community Café – Free adult mental health service
- Autistic Paddies – Facebook Group for Autistic Adults living in Ireland – amazing community with spin-offs, such as an autistic parenting group, a book club, and an LGBTQIA+ group. Discord. Regular online meetups, etc.
- All Abilities Ireland – Social, drama, dance, creative meetups for adults and children
- Self-Report Tools/Questionnaires
- Research Centres/Projects
- The Social Model of Disability
- Person First Language
- How to be Autistic (C.A. Poe). See our book review here.
- Living with AS and Autism in Ireland (S Neilson and D Heffernan)
- Loud Hands: Autistic People, Speaking (Collection of Essays)
- Nerdy, Shy and Socially Inappropriate (C Kim)
- I Think I Might Be Autistic: A Guide to Autism Spectrum Disorder Diagnosis and Self-Discovery for Adults (C Kim)
- Aspergirls (R Simone). See our book review here.
- Diary of a Young Naturalist (D McAnulty)
- The Bullet Journal (Planner Tool, very autie-friendly) – there are tons of tutorials on YouTube too
- Household Budgeting
- Autism ID Card
Apps (All free, or free versions available)
- Family Wall App (Shared Planner and lists app)
- ToDoIst (To do list app)
- Routinery (App to help with routines)
- Owaves (Daily Planner App)