Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
This delicious cookie recipe is easy and will leave your mouth watering with excitement.
Baked in 10-12 minutes thankfully you won’t have to wait too long before taking your first bite of chocolate victory.
- 110g Unsalted Butter
- 170g Caster Sugar
- 85g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 190g Self Raising flour
- 3g Salt
- 120 g Chocolate chips (white, milk, dark or a combination)
- Preheat the oven at 180 C
- Melt the butter (choose on of the options below)
- Put the butter in a microwave resistant container and heat at 30 second intervals stirring in between
- Put the butter in pot over low heat and stir while it melts
- Once the butter is melted, pour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar on top. Mix them together using a whisk or spoon.
- Add the egg and mix.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until it is smooth (no lumps left).
- Add the chocolate chips and mix to spread across all the dough.
- Bring the mixing bowl with the dough to the fridge and leave to cool for about 20-30 mins.
- The dough will be harder and easier to scoop in balls.
- Scoop 12 portions of dough and place on baking paper lined trays (I like doing 3 cookies at a time in medium size tray).
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down and eat.